Tuesday, March 2, 2010

WOW .. where'd the time go ???

Hey gang.. sorry. I've been having such a great winter here this year in Holly Hill that I haven't been thinking about my blog. Where to begin..... Hmmm well the weather has been fair.. lots of wind.., some rain and temps in the mid 60's to mid 70's. The nights have been cold though. Heat is on at night.
Projects around the house.,,.., I put a gutter and downspout system on the back 1/4 of the house over the spare room effectively killing 3 birds with one stone, 1) Sealed the roof about the room to stop any leaks... 2) stopped rain from flooding the area against the house and 3) made and irrigation "channel" to my banana tree. These puppies need an awful lot of water and I'm not here 24/7 to look after it.. Now it will flourish. I'm sure.
This is BIKEWEEK in Daytona and the shit has hit the fan,.,, roaring Harley's day and night.. non-stop. Karen and I went to a really nice Sushi restaurant on Sunday night and when we pulled up there were 25 hogs parked out front.. when we got inside there was leather and X-rated tee shirts as far as you could see, now mind you these are well behaved people who probably have 9-5's 51 weeks a year ..... but show a little class and hang out at the coleslaw wrestling pit or go to the Iron Horse Saloon if you're gonna dress like that. Jessssssus...





Sedona has been cuter than ever and we have been taking her to the local dog park almost every day and last week we even took her up the road to the "Bed & Biscuit Inn".. a pampered palace just for dogs,.,, they even have their own swimming pool. She just loved it. It was a great day.





My cooking exhibitions continue nightly.. mostly winners a few flops.. like the homemade biscuits I made for a chicken fried steak dinner. I used leftover (last winter) baking powder thinking it would be OK !!!! NOPE.... I had flat tire repair patches instead of nice rolls,, ha ha.



Well today (Tues) marks 2 weeks left.. we head North on the 16th of March so lots of fun still to be had until the 60+ hr work weeks begin,. ( Boo Hoo ) Joyce and Oby are coming over for the day Friday and we are all headed to the Iron Horse Saloon for some BikeWeek festivities. Its a tradition that Joyce gets some crazy steak sandwich there every year. I'll take pix and post them on the weekend. Have a great week.. y'ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment