Friday, February 19, 2010

Carne d'vinho L'ilhos !!!!

Welcome friends to the weekend .....


They say it's finally going to warm up in Florida. 21 of the past 30 days have been "below normal" .. some below freezing in central Florida. What the hell ever happened to global warming ??? I was watching the Olympics yesterday and the temp at the downhill ski event was 42dgs... in Canada. The temp in central Florida was 49dgs !!!! What's wrong with this picture ???


I can't wait for tonight.... Karen's cousin Joyce is coming over for a meal I've been promising her since we got here Jan 16th ..... Carne de vinho L'ilhos .... What the hell is that you say ????

Its basically pork blade steak hunks marinated for 5 days in wine vinegar and many spices... then its simmered for about 3 hours and served over Portuguese rolls., YUMMY..,.. if you're Portuguese !!!!. It's a very traditional Madeiran meal, the recipe of which comes from Issy Gouveia.. ( Karen's mom ) and passed down to me. I can't wait to have it. It's served with sticky white rice and boiled potatoes.... ( starch overload ). I'll post up some pix of the finished product over the weekend.... Meantime... please have a great weekend and try to stay warm. I'm hoping to get to the beach at least once whilst here !!!!!
The "Carne d'vinho L'ilhos" 3 days into the marinating cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment