Friday, February 5, 2010

T.G.I.F. .......

Well the weekend is here... YEAH !!! Temp is presently 74dg. 10:30 am BUT rain is on the way this afternoon thru the night then a "cooler" weekend. NASCAR fans are EVERYWHERE here in D.B. all getting ready for speed week(s) which start tow'w. For those of you who follow stock car racing.. Danica Patrick is all the buzz. She's the siren that does the "Go Daddy" ads on TV and races in the Indy Cup ( open wheel ) circuit..


They've recruited her to try Nationwide series racing which is 1 tiny teeny notch under the Sprint Cup division, which is the big money event. Her inaugural race will be tom'w night. Should be interesting,, D.I.S. ( Daytona International Speedway ) is located just 2 1/2 miles from my house and I can always tell when there are cars on the track. The predominate winds blow northeast and I can hear the revs of the engines right from my front porch. The coolest thing of all was at last years Daytona 500 when the 5 Blue Angel jets flew over the infield during the national anthem.. I was watching them on TV and in less than a second they few right over my house. It was AWESOME !!!!

The guy who cuts my lawn works at the track as a ticket taker and said he will smuggle me in for any race except the 500, which I wouldn't go to anyway ... I hate 100,000 + crowds. I'm thinking about going to the Gatorade Duels next Thurs, we'll see. Stay tuned... Have a great weekend and try to stay warm.. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment