Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh when the Saint's go marchin' in .....

Well Monday is here and the SuperSunday hype is finally over..... Saints win 31-17 ...yada yada yada... but what was your favorite commercial ? Mine personally was the Betty White/Abe Vigoda vinguet... funny shit. Those 2 are NEVER gonna die !!! I am here alone with my wife and dog now that my buddy Tony is back to reality and since Karen's likes football as much as getting the flu... I knew that I would be having a "private" Superbowl party.... which I did !!!


I gathered up a whole bunch of nifty leftovers & frozen stuff and proceeded to make a nice little spread for myself. I had some leftover smoked pork ribs... some old salsa... some pesto sauce.. a half eaten bag of Dortito's w/lime and a bag of frozen chicken wings. Voila... instant party !!!!
In any case... Karen was in the bedroom reading her book and I watched the game in the living room... party for one... pretty cool !!
Well today starts the official beginning of "Speed Week " here in Daytona and the town is BUZZIN'. At 8am today I started hearing the distant roar of cars on the track running practice laps. There are many different events planned all week with many different types of cars & trucks, so each team and driver vie to get on the track to "test" as much as possible. The first real event is Thursday afternoon/evening with the Gatorade Duels... ( my favorite of all events ) then onto the Nationwide / Craftsman Truck Series and finally the "Great American Race" on Sunday the 14th. Even if "yur nawt a rednek".. this part of Feb is very exciting in Daytona. All the stores have "Welcome Race Fans" banners.. there are sales everywhere... ( Budlight 30pks - 16.99 !! ) and extra real race cars at all the local sponsors stores. You go to Home Depot ..WHAM.. A Joey Logano backup car. Go to Loews... WHOOP..There's Jimmie Johnson's shootout car. I even saw an ARCA car at a Publix Mkt cuz they were a minor co-sponsor of some unknown driver...but it's all about the hype. Even the seniors like this time much, much more than bike week.....which is 2 weeks away...,. hoooobooy.
Well gonna run, got some chores to do around the house... temps today are cool ..(Low 60's) but beautiful & sunny. Tonight.... big night.... BINGO at the American Legion,.., let's see if I can muscle out some more senior citizen cash !!! Oh yeah gotta set the TIVO to rec. 24 & House....
CYA
Coming t'mow ----- My NEW tattoo !

No comments:

Post a Comment